Welcome to Frugal, Fit, and Fierce!

Monday, January 7, 2019

Keto Creamy Garlic Tuscan Chicken

GUYS. I gotta say, I love ALLLLL things creamy and cheesy! And this recipe hit the SPOT! It is a perfect combination of cream and cheese. Then, of course, there is the tang you get from those sundried tomatoes and the nutrition from the spinach! I love adding in the extra vitamins by throwing spinach into recipes. It's so easy! And for those of you with kids who are picky eaters, it tends to be something you can hide pretty easily (though this recipe might not be one of those 😜).



I personally used this recipe for meal prepping. In fact, most of my recipes are for meal prepping, because I absolutely LOVE to meal prep! It makes it soooo easy to make sure you're eating healthy during the week! I usually meal prep lunches and dinners, and I love that I don't have to cook every single day! So not only is it great to keep up with eating healthy, but it is SO CONVENIENT! When I come home from a long day of work, I know that I don't have to cook, and it makes my heart smile. πŸ˜πŸ’–


I've only recently discovered that I absolutely love boneless/skinless chicken thighs! I don't know where they've been all my life! I always ate chicken breasts, and I seriously SUCK at cooking them. Like, majorly. They always wound up super dry, even when I tried brining them, marinating them... you name it, I tried it. And they still ended up being dry and tasteless!

These chicken thighs cook up SO nicely, and come out of it SO JUICY!!! I don't see myself ever going back to being a breast girl. I've turned to the thigh side! πŸ˜‹ I usually like to give them a good sear on each side before I cook the sauce, and then finish cooking them in the sauce. I'm telling you guys, these thighs are spot on!








The base of the sauce is made with quite a bit of garlic (YUM), sundried tomatoes, heavy cream, some chicken broth, spinach, and some parmesan cheese. And when it all comes full circle, it is to DIE FOR. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it! So, let's get on to telling YOU how to make it so you can understand why I'm so excited about it!



Keto Creamy Garlic Tuscan Chicken

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons grass fed butter, separated
6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, seasoned with salt and pepper
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup chicken broth
5 oz. fresh baby spinach
2 heaping tbsp grated parmesan
1 tsp freshly chopped basil
1 tbsp Italian seasoning (I create my own with basil, oregano, parsley, and garlic powder)

To Prepare:

1. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet on med-high heat.
2. Add seasoned chicken and let cook on each side 7-8 minutes, or until browned (no need to cook all the way through, they will cook later in the sauce).
3. Once chicken is browned on both sides, remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add another tablespoon of butter to the pan.
5. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
6. Add sundried tomatoes and cook for another minute.
7. Stir in heavy cream and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
8. Mix in the parmesan cheese, and then add spinach and cook 2-3 minutes until wilted.
9. Throw the chicken back into the pan and let simmer in the sauce until cooked all the way through (Temp should reach at least 165 F)
10. Serve hot! Or put in meal prep containers and refrigerate for up to 5 days.





Leave a comment below if you tried this recipe and liked it!
Thanks for reading!

Love,






No comments:

Post a Comment